Visas upon arrival (airports Boryspil, Kyiv (Zhuliany), Odesa)
Types, categories and validity of visas on arrival
MFA visa divisions at border check points at "Boryspil" / "Kyiv (Zhuliany)" / "Odesa" international airports issue:
1) single-entry short-term (C type) visas valid for 15 days:
- to foreigners holding passports of 33 specified countries who enter Ukraine with a tourist or business purpose – please see the list of eligible countries below.
- to pilots and other aircraft crew members carrying out international flights (upon pilot’s license or a Flight Crew Member Certificate issued in line with the Convention on International Civil Aviation).
2) single-entry transit (B type) visas valid for up to 5 days to crew members of foreign vessels staying in Ukraine’s ports (upon an extract from the shipboard list).
List of eligible countries
Foreigners holding passports of these 33 countries may apply for their single-entry short-term (C type) 15-day tourist or business visas on arrival:
2.Antigua and Barbuda
7.Dominica (the Commonwealth)
27.Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
30.Trinidad and Tobago
Visa application registration
MFA’s advice to all applicants is to fill in and register their visa applications for the relevant Embassy/Consulate/MFA division at an airport/Visa Centre online at http://visa.mfa.gov.ua.
Registering, printing, signing and bringing your visa application form along with your supporting documents will make the application process easier and save your time.
Supporting documents and visa fees
According to Ukraine’s Visa Rules all applicants should provide the following documents in order to apply for their visa:
1) passport/travel document which should comply with these requirements:
- be valid for at least 3 months after the intended date of departure from Ukraine;
- have at least 2 pages free from any visas/marks/stamps;
- be issued for no more than 10 years.
2) printed and signed visa application form (please see MFA advice on visa application registration above);
3) 1 applicant’s photo (35 * 45 mm);
4) proof that the applicant is a holder of (or is entitled to benefit from) a valid medical/travel insurance policy to cover Ukraine and the period of stay (the policy should provide a minimum of €30 000 or equivalent coverage). Holders of diplomatic/service passports are exempt from this requirement;
5) proof of sufficient funds to cover the costs of stay (e.g. bank statement for 2 recent months, cash in Ukrainian hryvnia/other convertible currency, bank cards along with current/savings account balance statements provided the bank cards can be cashed in Ukraine, hotel/accommodation booking, letter from the applicant’s employer/sponsor confirming their coverage of applicant’s expenses in Ukraine, a return/transit ticket etc). For more details on this requirement please see the Procedure for Providing Sufficient Funds by Foreigners and Stateless Persons Entering, Staying in, Transiting through or Leaving Ukraine approved by the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine no.884 of 4 December 2013 (in Ukrainian).
According to the above mentioned Procedure 15-day stay in Ukraine should be supported by at least $750.00.
6) paid visa fee receipt. MFA visa divisions charge 2550 UAH fee for processing visa applications (unless stipulated otherwise by Ukraine’s international treaties).
Fees are not refunded in case of visa refusal.
Along with the mentioned documents applicants are expected to submit documents confirming the purpose of their planned visit to Ukraine:
for a single-entry short-term (C type) tourist visas - proof that the applicant’s main purpose of journey to Ukraine is tourism (hotel/accommodation booking(s), programme of stay, information on the tour(s) and the tour(s’) timeframes, tourist agency details, transfer details, sightseeing information etc.);
for a single-entry short-term (C type) business visas:
1) invitation letter issued by Ukraine’s ministries / other central executive authorities, state entities and organizations; or
2) document issued by the relevant regional/city state administration/bank confirming that the applicant has made an investment to Ukraine’s economy; or
3) invitation letter from an entity/company/organisation registered in Ukraine, presented on the official letterhead, with indication of the entity/company/organisation’s number according to Ukraine’s Unified State Registry of Legal Entities, Individual Entrepreneurs and Citizens’ Associations, registration number, date and signature, full name of the invited person, information about his/her date and place of birth, nationality, passport details, place of residence, purpose of visit, duration of intended visit to Ukraine, number of entries and place of stay in Ukraine, legal person’s obligations towards possible costs related to the invited person’s stay and/or departure from Ukraine.
Please note that applicants may be asked to provide other additional documents confirming the purpose of their visit to Ukraine.
Application processing times
MFA visa divisions at border check points at "Boryspil" / "Kyiv (Zhuliany)" / "Odesa" international airports are open 24/7 and process visa applications/make visa decisions on the day of application.
Emergency visa on arrival (issued in exceptional cases)
In exceptional cases where foreigners / stateless persons were not able to get their Ukrainian visa through Ukraine’s Embassy/Consulate in time and face an urgent and sound reason to enter Ukraine they may apply for their single-entry short-term (C type) 15-day visa on arrival.
Emergency visa on arrival is issued upon one of these documents:
1) a letter of Ukraine’s state authorities with a request to issue a visa to an applicant arriving to Ukraine with a diplomatic/official purpose;
2) a letter of Ukraine’s State Emergency Service with a request to issue a visa to an applicant entering Ukraine in order to render assistance in eliminating the aftermath of an emergency/accident in Ukraine;
3) document(s) confirming applicant’s need for urgent medical treatment or participation in the burial of a close relative in Ukraine.
MFA on social media
|> All social media accounts|