Visas upon arrival (airports Boryspil, Kyiv (Zhuliany), Odesa)
Short-term single entry C-type visa (up to 15 days) is issued by the units of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, which work 24/7 (round-the-clock) at the border crossing points at “Boryspil” (Kyiv) International Airport and “Kyiv” (Zhuliany) International Airport, as well as by the representative office of Department for Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine at the Odesa International Airport on the application of the following nationals who arrive in Ukraine for a tourist or business purpose:
1. Australia, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, China (PRC), Dominica (the Commonwealth), El Salvador, Guatemala, Grenada, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Kuwait, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia (FSM), New Zealand, Oman, Palau, Peru, Republic of Vanuatu, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, Seychelles, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Singapore, Timor Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, the United Arab Emirates in case of presenting documents that prove tourist or business purposes of the visit:
- a letter of invitation of a legal entity registered in Ukraine, should be presented on letterhead paper;
Notes: a letter of invitation must have a registration number i.e. must be registered by the Unified State Registry of legal entities, individual entrepreneurs and citizens’ associations, registration number, date and signature, a full name of the invited person, information about his/her date and place of birth, nationality, passport details, place of residence, purpose of the visit, duration of intended visit to Ukraine, number of entries and place of staying in Ukraine, legal entities’ obligations towards possible costs related to the invited person’s stay or departure from Ukraine.
- an invitation of the state authorities, state institution, state enterprise, state organization;
- documents confirming that the purpose of travel is tourism (hotel reservation, excursion booking, travel voucher or contract for provision of tourist services);
- documents attesting to foreign investment activity, according to the legislation on foreign investment regime on the territory of Ukraine.
2. Foreign citizens and stateless persons who were unable to receive visas in advance at diplomatic missions or consular posts of Ukraine and have good reason to enter Ukraine immediately, in particular:
- for a diplomatic or official purpose at the request of the state authorities of Ukraine;
- for the purpose of eliminating the consequences of an emergency in Ukraine at the request of the State Emergency Service;
- for the purpose of urgent medical treatment or burial of a close relative, as confirmed by relevant documents;
- in case of necessity of a transit passage through the territory of Ukraine of crew members of foreign vessels staying at Ukrainian ports, in the presence of an extract from the ship’s role (in this case a transit visa of type “B” for a period of up to 5 days is issued);
- pilots and other members of the crews of aircraft engaged in international flights, in the presence of a pilot license or certificate of a crew member that is specified in Annex 9 to the Convention on International Civil Aviation;
- in other cases stipulated by legislation and international treaties of Ukraine.
The payment for a short term single-entry visa "C" is 2550 hryvnas (appr. $100).
Citizens of foreign countries, who apply for visas at border crossing points, can pay visa fee through teller terminal by means of bank cards only.
The consular fees that are paid are not subject to refund.
Please note that the application of a simplified entry procedure does not exempt foreigners from passing the border control.
AN APPLICANT FOR A VISA MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
1) A passport that should meet the following requirements:
- being valid for at least three months after the stated date of departure from Ukraine;
- having at least two blank visa designated pages;
- having validity period of no longer than 10 years;
2) A completed and signed Visa Application form (Acrobat Reader format to view or print Visa Application forms). Visa application forms of minors shall be submitted for each person and signed by a parent or a legal guardian;
3) One colour photo 35 mm x 45 mm;
4) Valid health insurance covering at least 30,000 EUR or equivalent in other currencies.
Holders of diplomatic or service passport are exempt from this requirement;
5) Proof of the applicant’s financial sufficiency for the intended period of stay and return to the country of origin, or transit to a third country, or the possibility to legally obtain sufficient financial means on the territory of Ukraine (at the rate of 750 USD per 15 days of staying in Ukraine). Holders of diplomatic or service passport are exempt from this requirement;
6) Consular fee payment, unless otherwise stipulated by legislation or international treaties of Ukraine;
7) A document that proves tourist or business purposes of the trip.
Please remember to follow common border regulations:
1) A passport should not be issued more than 10 years ago, being valid for at least 3 months after the expiration date of the requested visa and having at least 2 blank visa designated pages;
2) Any person can be denied entry to Ukraine if such order issued by Ukrainian competent authorities;
3) In any case, foreign citizens should be ready to present the document confirming a declared purpose of travel and an intention to leave the territory of Ukraine before visa has expired (the flight itinerary can be considered as such a document).
The application process Visa Application Form has to be submitted online via http://visa.mfa.gov.ua website prior to the departure.
MFA on social media
|> All social media accounts|