Joint Statement by Minister for Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Leonid Kozhara and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius after the 3rd Meeting of the Ministerial Council
by Minister for Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Mr. Leonid Kozhara and Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania Mr. Linas Linkevičius after the 3 Meeting of the Ministerial Council
In the framework of the official visit of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius to Ukraine the 3rd Meeting of the Council of MFA of Ukraine and MFA of the Republic of Lithuania was held.
With regard to the results of the 3rd Meeting, the Ministers of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine and the Republic of Lithuania declare the following:
- The Parties express the satisfaction with the development of strategic partnership relations between Ukraine and the Republic of Lithuania.
- The Parties highly evaluate the mechanism of the Council of MFA of Ukraine and MFA of the Republic of Lithuania as an effective tool for co-ordinating common foreign policy activity and are interested in its further deepening. Comprehensive facilitation for implementing the provisions of the Road Map for Development of Strategic Partnership between Ukraine and the Republic of Lithuania for 2013-2014, as well as realization of agreements reached at the highest political level are to be among the priority tasks for the foreign ministries of Ukraine and Lithuania.
- The Parties express common understanding that Ukraine's European integration remains the priority area of Ukrainian-Lithuanian cooperation.
- The Parties agreed to intensify cooperation on further deepening of EU- Ukraine relations, including in the context of Lithuania's Presidency of the Council of the EU. Signature and implementation of the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement, including DCFTA, is a priority task in this regard. The Parties expressed determination to strengthen their efforts allowing signature of this Agreement to take place during the Eastern Partnership Summit to be held in November 28-29, 2013 in Vilnius.
- The Parties acknowledge the importance of the upcoming Eastern Partnership Summit in Vilnius in further development of both EU-Ukraine dialogue and the Eastern Partnership initiative.
- The Parties consider that provisional application of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU, and in particular of its DCFTA part, would foster the bilateral trade between Ukraine and Lithuania. The Parties pay special attention to importance of deepening and widening mutually beneficial cooperation in trade and economic and investment spheres. Further interaction in transport, transit and energy fields, as well as in agriculture sphere is among the priority directions in this regard.
- The Parties express their readiness to continue close cooperation within the UN, and other international and regional organizations, including CBSS, as well as yarious forums, such as Nordic - Baltic countries', aiming at strengthening security and stability in the European continent and the entire world.
- Proceeding from the priorities of Ukraine's Chairmanship of the OSCE, the Parties agree to increase expertise sharing cooperation in the context of the settlement of the protracted conflicts.
- The Parties welcomed the opening of 14 Visa application centers throughout Ukraine territory, providing better accessibility of Lithuania to the citizens of Ukraine.
- The Parties distinguish the importance of the Days of Lithuania in Crimea, Ukraine, in 2013, events on celebrating the 200lh anniversary of the birthday of Taras Shevchenko in Lithuania in 2014, as well as the Days of Culture of Ukraine in Lithuania in 2014.
Done in Kyiv, on May 31, 2013 in two copies in English, both texts are authentic.
Minister for Foreign Affairs of Ukraine
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania
MFA on social media
|> All social media accounts|