PROTOCOL on the results of consultations of the Trilateral Contact Group (Minsk, 05/09/2014)
on the results of consultations of the Trilateral Contact Group
with respect to the joint steps aimed at
the implementation of the Peace Plan
of the President of Ukraine, P. Poroshenko,
and the initiatives of the President of Russia, V. Putin
Upon consideration and discussion of the proposals put forward by the participants of the consultations in Minsk on September 1, 2014, the Trilateral Contact Group, consisting of the representatives of Ukraine, the Russian Federation and the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe [OSCE], reached an understanding with respect to the need to implement the following steps:
1. Ensure the immediate bilateral cessation of the use of weapons.
2. Ensure monitoring and verification by the OSCE of the regime of non-use of weapons.
3. Implement decentralization of power, including by means of enacting the Law of Ukraine “With respect to the temporary status of local self-government in certain areas of the Donetsk and the Lugansk regions” (Law on Special Status).
4. Ensure permanent monitoring on the Ukrainian-Russian state border and verification by the OSCE, together with the creation of a security area in the border regions of Ukraine and the Russian Federation.
5. Immediately release all hostages and unlawfully detained persons.
6. Enact a law prohibiting the prosecution and punishment of persons in connection with the events that took place in certain areas of the Donetsk and the Lugansk regions of Ukraine.
7. Conduct an inclusive national dialogue.
8. Adopt measures aimed at improving the humanitarian situation in Donbass.
9. Ensure the holding of early local elections in accordance with the Law of Ukraine “With respect to the temporary status of local self-government in certain areas of the Donetsk and the Lugansk regions” (Law on Special Status).
10. Remove unlawful military formations, military hardware, as well as militants and mercenaries from the territory of Ukraine.
11. Adopt a program for the economic revival of Donbass and the recovery of economic activity in the region.
12. Provide personal security guarantees for the participants of the consultations.
Participants of the Trilateral Contact Group:
Ambassador Heidi Talyavini (signed)
Second President of Ukraine, L.D. Kuchma (signed)
Ambassador of the Russian Federation in Ukraine, M.Y. Zurabov (signed)
A.V. Zakharchenko (signed)
I.V. Plotnitskiy (signed)
On 05-06 October 2017, Consul of Ukraine in San Francisco Oleksandr Krotenko participated in the Symposium "The Hunger for Truth" dedicated to the 85th commemoration of the Holodomor in Ukraine 1932-1933, which was held in Fresno (California, USA). | 20 October, 22:54
Ambassador of Ukraine Valeriy Chaly met the leadership of Am General | 20 October, 22:36
Ambassador of Ukraine to the Republic of Lithuania Volodymyr Yatsenkivskyi met with the Chair of the Committee on National Security and Defence of the Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania Vytautas Bakas | 20 October, 18:01
Delegation of Ukraine attends 31st Plenary Meeting of Missile Technology Control Regime | 20 October, 16:11
Meeting at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China | 20 October, 14:10
MFA on social media
|> All social media accounts|