February 21, 2014 an Agreement to resolve the crisis in Ukraine was signed in Kyiv
In result of negotiations President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych and opposition leaders Arseniy Yatseniuk, Oleh Tiahnybok and Vitali Klitschko have signed an agreement to resolve the crisis in Ukraine.
The Agreement provides:
- Within 48 hours of the signing of this agreement, a special law will be adopted, signed and promulgated, which will restore the Constitution of 2004 including amendments passed until now.
- Signatories declare their intention to create a coalition and form a national unity government within 10 days thereafter.
- Constitutional reform, balancing the powers of the President, the government and parliament, will start immediately and be completed in September 2014.
- Presidential elections will be held as soon as the new Constitution is adopted but no later than December 2014.
- New electoral laws will be passed and a new Central Election Commission will be formed on the basis of proportionality and in accordance with the OSCE & Venice commission rules.
- Investigation into recent acts of violence will be conducted under joint monitoring from the authorities, the opposition and the Council of Europe.
- The authorities will not impose a state of emergency. The authorities and the opposition will refrain from the use of violence.
- The Parliament will adopt the 3rd amnesty, covering the same range of illegal actions as the 17th February 2014 law.
- Both parties will undertake serious efforts for the normalisation of life in the cities and villages by withdrawing from administrative and public buildings and unblocking streets, city parks and squares.
- Illegal weapons should be handed over to the Ministry of Interior bodies within 24 hours of the special law, referred to in point 1 hereof, coming into force.
- After the aforementioned period, all cases of illegal carrying and storage of weapons will fall under the law of Ukraine.
- The forces of authorities and of the opposition will step back from confrontational posture. The Government will use law enforcement forces exclusively for the physical protection of public buildings.
The negotiations was also attended by representatives of the European Union - German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier, Polish Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski and Head for Continental Europe at the French Foreign Ministry Eric Fournier and also Russian human rights commissioner Vladimir Lukin.
Ambassador held meeting with Vice-President of local Fund | Yesterday, 17:33
Ambassador of Ukraine to Israel Hennadii Nadolenko has visited Bar-Ilan University | Yesterday, 17:00
Ambassador of Ukraine to Nigeria Valerii Aleksandruk gave interview to state radio station "Radio Nigeria’’ | Yesterday, 15:52
Ambassador of Ukraine Mr.Mykhailo Brodovych met with the Co-Heads of Ukrainian-Slovenian Business Council | Yesterday, 11:57
MFA on social media
|> All social media accounts|