In view of the growing number of new COVID-19 cases in Ukraine, the Government has made a decision to impose temporary restrictions on the entry of foreigners and stateless persons to Ukraine. The restrictions will apply onward from 00:00, August 28 until 00:00, September 28, 2020.
At the same time, exceptions have been made for the broadest possible list of traveler categories, in order to mitigate the impact on people-to-people and business contacts.
The entry restrictions do not apply to the following categories of persons:
- first degree relatives of citizens of Ukraine - the spouses, children, parents and grandparents of Ukrainian citizens;
- those with an official valid work permit for Ukraine;
- technical specialists arriving in Ukraine at the invitation of Ukrainian enterprises;
- those arriving in Ukraine to study at the Higher Educational Institutions;
- those serving in the Armed Forces;
- those having a temporary or permanent residency permit for Ukraine;
- heads or members of foreign official delegations, staff members of international organizations and their accompanying persons entering Ukraine at the invitation of the President, Verkhovna Rada, Cabinet of Ministers, Office of the President, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine;
- drivers and/or crew members of freight vehicles, buses on regular international routes, aircraft, sea and river ships, trains and locomotives;
- cultural figures arriving at the invitation of cultural institutions as well as one accompanying person for each of them;
- athletes arriving in Ukraine to compete in official sporting events, as well as their accompanying persons;
- those transporting hematopoietic stem cells for transplantation;
- those arriving for treatment at healthcare facilities of Ukraine.
These categories are required to have proof of insurance covering possible costs of COVID-19 treatment and observation (issued by an insurance company with an office in Ukraine).
Also, the following categories of citizens will be allowed to enter Ukraine with no additional conditions:
- those with refugee or person in need of complementary protection status;
- staff members of foreign diplomatic or consular missions, official international missions accredited in Ukraine and their family members or those arriving in Ukraine at the invitation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine;
- military instructors of the armed forces of NATO and NATO "Partnership for Peace" program member states, who are providing training for the Armed Forces of Ukraine or are arriving at the invitation of the Ministry of Defense;
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine hopes sincerely that these temporary quarantine measures are treated with understanding and strongly encourages everyone planning a trip to Ukraine to take this information into account.
We also advise that all questions regarding the crossing of the state border of Ukraine are directed at the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine.